Families can sign up for live, in-person classes in the Spring semester outdoors with full Covid-19 protocols (see Policies page) or choose to participate for the semester only with our online program - MTO (Music Together® Online) classes via Zoom. Spring will be a full 10-week semester starting the week of March 22. Registration is open now.
1. What is the tuition, and what does it include?
Tuition for in-person class is $168 ($112 for the 2nd child; 3rd child is free); for online classes (MTO) only, $125 for the whole family. Rhythm Kids (RK) for age K - 3, $140; 2nd child $112. All include:
- As always, professionally recorded music for this semester – this spring will be Triangle! (For RK, XXXX
- Your teacher’s unique lesson plan for each of the 10 weeks, featuring the combination of singing, movement, and instrument play that has made Music Together so successful worldwide.
- Parent Education Moments to help you build your child's brain with music and incorporate music into family play outside of class
- Great teachers who love music and love helping children learn to love it! Read about them here.
- CD and hard copy of the semester's songbook
- Access to the Family Music Zone for more downloads and useful information
Your tuition for our online musical experience (MTO live interactive via Zoom) covers the household, and includes 30-minute classes each week - we're aware your little ones won't have the attention span for a longer class online - with a supplement of a 15-minute prerecorded class each week from your teacher that you can use for a makeup or just enjoy as an additional musical bonus! Makeups can be scheduled for any other online class, not just the one you're enrolled in. Please see this page for a list of all the additional fun that comes with your MTO enrollment.
For a detailed look at our Covid-19 protocols, pls see our Policies page and Family Covid Liability Waiver.
2. What are some of your Covid-19 protocols?
Please read the full text in Policies and see our Family Covid Liability Waiver. We exceed health experts’ recommendations and government requirements. These policies are for our live, in-person classes outdoors:
- All in-person classes will be held outside as long as the temperature is 32 degrees or warmer. On bad weather/rainy days, classes will be indoors at our exclusive classroom at the Westport location with full Covid protocols including CDC-recommended HEPA air filtration.
- Temperature checks before entering class
- No class changes after the semester starts to keep groups homogeneous
- Class size will be limited to 12 children; the minimum to run is 6,
- Masks required for all adults and/or children over 5. When our community is in "the red zone" with the pandemic, masks are also encouraged outdoors. This is not required for outdoor class, but please use discretion.
- Social distancing achieved by sit spots; remember to bring a yoga mat or something to sit on
- Individually contained set of instruments and props for each family, different for each class, which will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before the next use.
- Different arrival and departure times to avoid congregating in halls if meeting indoors
- Staggering class times to allow for cleaning and disinfecting
3. What length are the classes?
Live outdoor classes are 45 minutes. MTO classes are 30 minutes, supplemented with a 15-minute pre-recorded session by your teacher each week. All families registered for MTO for the semester will have access to these pre-recorded sessions, and makeups for all registered families can be scheduled at any MTO class. Sorry, no makeups in live, in-person class. A tip if your little one is having trouble engaging with the screen for MTO class: Turn them to face you instead; you'll follow the teacher, and he/she will follow you!
4. What is the policy on withdrawing and refunds or credits?
If you withdraw prior to the start of classes (3/22), you’ll receive a full refund or credit, provided you haven’t received and opened your semester materials. If you have opened them, we’ll need to deduct $50 from your refund or credit to cover our costs if you choose that option. Withdrawals during the first 3 weeks of a 10-week semester will result in a refund or credit equal to half your tuition; no refunds or credits after Week 3 (4/10/21).
5. How will I know if I get my first choice?
As is our normal policy, classes that produce less than 6 enrolled families will not run; every effort will be made to move those affected families to their 2nd choice before the semester begins if space is available there. Families can also elect to move to any MTO class if their first and/or 2nd choices are not available. We will contact you individually before the semester starts if your 1st choice does not fill. If none of the 3 options work for your family, we will issue a credit or refund based on our Withdrawal and Refunds Policy. Credits will never expire.
6. Will I be able to bring guests to class or invite a friend to schedule a demo?
Demos will be available in any of the the MTO classes. Sorry, but no guests or demos will be allowed in any of the in-person classes so we can keep the class group homogenous throughout the semester to avoid any new contact.
We love you, miss you, and thank you for your continued support of this and our Heartland family! We’re so excited about seeing you either in live, in-person class or in a live, interactive Music Together Online class – so good to be making Music Together in at least some semblance of "normality"! As always, your comments and questions are welcome. Just email us.