Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight (Rhythm Kids 2). Level 1 classes this fall are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
- Classes meet Saturdays at 11:30, at our Westport Rd location
- Classes meet for 45 minutes, over a 10-week period (summer session is 4 or 6 weeks)
- During our introductory period for this new class offering, tuition is only $140 for 10 weeks of class! (Summer fees are reduced.)
- Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
- Due to the specialized nature of this class, enrollment is limited to children ages 4-5. For classes that welcome younger siblings, check our mixed-age class schedule.