DIY Instruments Making
- Egg Shakers: Plastic easter eggs, or old medicine bottles, filled with rice/oatmeal/beans, and taped shut work great!
- Rhythm Sticks: Spoons, spatulas, chopsticks, etc. fill in nicely.
- Drums: Tupperware will do the trick!
- Scarves: Hand towels, wash rags, or pillowcases do just fine.
- Parachute: Bed sheets work wonders.
- Tambourine: Color two paper plates, punch holes around the edges, fill inside with beans, and tie plates together with string while looping on jingle bells or soda can tabs!
- Stretchy bands: Pantyhose stretch a mile long!
- Stuffed animals: Work great as a classmate as well as a prop!
- Pots, pans, and other various kitchen "Instruments" for our kitchen jam!
HINT: Get a bin to keep your items for your playalong jam after your module! It is essential that children jam after learning so they can explore their own rhythm and tonality.