Offered at Down Syndrome of Louisville, supportive family classes are for children with Down syndrome as well as their traditionally developing siblings or family members. These classes will follow the same curriculum as our regular mixed-age classes, but their smaller class size and relaxed pacing make them ideal for children with special needs. We'll also offer support and information that will be specifically helpful to parents and caregivers of children with Down syndrome. As in all our classes, supportive family classes welcome children with a range of ages, temperaments, and ability levels.
Although children with Down syndrome may especially enjoy these supportive family classes, we welcome children with special needs in all of our classes. Music Together® classes are an excellent learning environment for children with all levels of ability.
- Classes offered Tuesday mornings at Down Syndrome of Louisville, at 9:30 and 10:30 am
- Classes meet for 45 minutes once a week.
- Spring classes start April 9, for a a 9-week session
- Tuition for supportive family classes is $126 for one enrolled child, and $90 for a sibling 8 months or older. Baby siblings under 8 months are free with an enrolled older sibling. Tuition includes all family materials (CDs and family activity book).
- A scholarship is available for a child with Down Syndrome to attend classes in any of our class locations. Click here for more information about the Rebecca Susan Reed Memorial Scholarship.